Saturday, July 30, 2016

Philip Dru turns 6000

It's been quite a long time since I completed the audiobook version of Philip Dru: Administrator. Since then, the archive page has been accessed 6000+ times.

There are several ways to download the audio: directly from librivox, librivox has an app you can download to your phone, plus mp3 files can be shuffled about in a multitude of ways - so this metric is not entirely accurate. But its the only one I've got.

Over the course of several years, I've helped drive forth the education about progressivism to over 6000 people, just with this one thing. I could clearly do worse. In regard to progressivism, the novel Philip Dru is a good place to start. For example, the intense reliance upon bureaucracies and experts, which is arguably the most central aspect of progressive ideology, (the author)House's close relationship with Woodrow Wilson, plus Dru's policies which are all familiar policies for those of us who keep an eye on progressives. The book was designed to show off House's dreams, and all of these dreams amount to a big massive state lording over all of the people. From House's standpoint, the book is an utopia. But to most normal people, this would be a nightmare.

Philip Dru was my first audiobook; so considering the learning curve at the time and other things, it's not my best work. Add to it that House was an awful writer, so it could have been my very best work and it would still have come out terribly. Still, I'm very pleased with how it came out after all things are considered, and I'm glad that going forward I can continue to make it easier to pick progressivism apart and study every aspect of it.

We have a lot of work to do.

http://tinyurl.com/jndztev

No comments:

Post a Comment